ABCO Fire & Safety would like to thank our customers for your understanding during this current health emergency. In an attempt to help slow down the spread of COVID-19, we are closing our walk in offices and suspending our mobile services until further notice. We will still be available by phone to answer any questions, provide emergency service and schedule services for the future.
During this time, we will disinfecting our offices, vehicles and safety equipment.
Please remember to disinfect surfaces (and fire extinguishers) in your homes, vehicles and businesses.
The following is the latest information as of 3/17/2020 on CoronaVirus / COVID-19’s ability to live on common surfaces.
National Institutes of Health (NIH), CDC, UCLA and Princeton University scientists reported that the virus that causes CoronaVirus (COVID-19) can live for several hours to days in aerosols and on surfaces. The results provide key information about the stability of SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19 disease, and suggests that people may acquire the virus through the air and after touching contaminated objects.
- Aerosols: three hours
- Copper: four hours
- Cardboard: 24 hours
- Plastic: three days
- Stainless Steel: three days
HOW TO STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.