Emergency Exit Lighting Sales, Service, Inspection & Repair
Emergency lights provide lighting in corridors, stairwells, ramps, escalators, aisles, and exit passageways in the event of a power outage. If your emergency lights fail to operate properly during an emergency situation the building occupants may become disoriented.
Important information for building owners and managers:
Routine maintenance of emergency and exit lighting is frequently overlooked until an emergency occurs. Regular maintenance is required by NFPA Standard No.101, chapter 31, section 1.3.7. This is important code inspection information. If you have not been notified about these requirements, ask yourself, "Why hasn't my fire company told us to do this?"
Our trained technicians will perform the required testing and maintenance on emergency lights and provide you with the written records. A full discharge of each unit must be performed annually.
Testing Procedures for Emergency Lights
- 90 Minute full function test
- Disconnect AC power supply to each emergency light
- Check battery and lens
- Clean each emergency light and lens as required
- Adjust beam for proper alignment
- Place testing label on the emergency light and record in testing log
- Troubleshooting/repair may also include
- Check and adjust charging system voltage
- Check battery output voltage
- Check line voltage to remote fixtures
- LED EXIT signs (self illuminated)
- EXIT sign LED retrofit for aged signage
- Emergency Lighting
- Emergency lighting fixtures
- Emergency lighting batteries
- Battery backup lights
- Building code Compliance Counsel and review
Let ABCO Fire & Safety handle all of these inspection requirement details for you and keep your emergency exit lighting systems in reliable working order.
Take advantage of our fire protection and Emergency Exit Lighting Sales Service Inspection Repair while our technicians are at your location to perform other related fire protection services. We can provide service on your fire extinguishers, kitchen hood systems. This combination of services provides you with the most cost-effective path to life safety and code compliance.