Fire Extinguisher Service
Using state of the art technology, our ABCO Fire & Safety service team uses custom built reports that apply all AHJ and state applicable codes. This ensures that your
company’s fire protection equipment has been tested properly.
Our service technicians go through extensive training in order to receive their state certifications. We hold regular in house safety meetings and continuous education programs to ensure that our technicians are always up to date on all the newest codes and standards.
In fact, our management team does regular onsite audits to ensure the job has been done correctly.
12-Point Portable Fire Extinguisher Service Check:
- Visual Examination: performed on the entire unit, carefully inspecting for dents, rust, corrosion, pitting or other shell damage
- Test/Maintenance History: reviewed to determine the need for required internal maintenance or hydrostatic testing
- Pressure Gauge: checked to insure that the unit is fully pressurized
- Weight: the extinguisher is checked to insure the correct amount of extinguishing agent is in cylinder
- Discharge Hose: removed to inspect for signs of blockage or damage
- Locking Pin: removed to insure that the pin is easily removed in the event of an actual fire emergency
- Handle/Lever: checked for smooth discharge operation
- Clean Extinguisher: using a degreasing solution
- Inspection Certification: documented by attaching a safety flag and service tag indicating the work performed
- Extinguisher: returned to the proper location
- Mounting Bracket: checked to insure extinguisher is installed securely on correct mounting hook or bracket
- Hazard Application: reviewed to make sure that the fire extinguisher is the correct type for a potential fire hazard